Excellent opportunity working a varied role within a busy finance department whereby you will gain knowledge and experience across areas such as purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control. The role will involve a large amount of use of our ERP system Navision as well as excel so is ideal for someone looking to start their career in finance.
· Process supplier invoices and credit notes onto the ERP system in a timely manner using the appropriate program to ensure correct sales invoicing to the customer and complete accurate records are retained on the NAV system.
· Update sales and purchase order screens with delivery dates, sell and buy prices, obtaining information from appropriate colleagues if information is incomplete.
· Process credit note requisitions, once correctly authorised, in a timely and accurate manner using the appropriate program to ensure accurate records are retained on the NAV system.
· Assist customer service advisers and product managers with invoicing and credit queries.
· Scan, attach to records and file all documents in an accurate and timely manner to enable fast and easy retrieval.
· Reconcile supplier statements to allow payment to be made
· Answer telephone queries from customers and area managers
· Record receipts from customer payments via card payments/ BACS / cheques
· During colleagues’ absences monitor all work and prioritise urgent tasks, bringing to management’s attention where documents are not being processed.
Working towards the Level 3 Apprenticeship standard, achieving skills, knowledge, comprehension and practical skills to achieve;
Assistant accountant / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
This will be a mixture of day release in College (London Rd Campus) and work based training.
· Potential full time post upon completion of apprenticeship
· 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
· General pension scheme
· Annual profit share bonus
· Company sick pay (after one years service)
· Income protection (after 3 years service)
Death in service benefit x4 annual salary
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
AGRICULTURAL CENTRAL TRADING LTD
ACT are a nationwide, farmer-owned, agricultural trading limited company established in 1962 with turnover of c.£100m.
We supply essential farm inputs to farmers throughout England, Wales and Scotland. ACT supplies UK farmers with:
· Animal feeds, minerals
· Seeds (grass, maize, cereals etc)
· Animal health medicines
· Fuel & Oil and
· Crop packaging
SHREWSBURY COLLEGES GROUP
Assistant accountant (level 3)
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.