This will be an exciting opportunity to join the Trinity & Bowthorpe Medical Practice Team as an Apprentice Medical Receptionist. The successful applicants will be able to undertake a wide variety of administrative duties like answering calls and emails to assist in the smooth running of the practice and prepare them for future employment.
The successful applicant will be required to work as a key member of our staff on a variety of administrative tasks. The role will require the ability to work well in a team but also to be disciplined and motivated enough to work on your own after all the appropriate training. The role will allow you to gain experience in all administration of a surgery. Duties will include:
To provide general administrative support for the practice, including the following:
· Scanning incoming mail, circulating as appropriate and adding information to patient records
· Maintaining the filing and administrative systems to a high standard
· Producing patient letters
· Support the rest of the administration team
To provide a courteous and efficient reception service to patients, carers and visitors within the Practice ensuring:
· Patients access the primary care services they require in a timely fashion.
· Visitors sign in and out and the member of staff they are seeing are advised of their arrival.
· The tidiness of the waiting room and the safety of its inhabitants.
· Queries are answered or passed to an appropriate member of staff in a timely fashion.
To provide general assistance and administration to the practice clinical and leadership teams, including.
· Accurately updating patient records using System-One.
· Taking action as requested by doctors and the nursing team.
· Phoning patients to arrange/rearrange appointments and/or confirm test results.
· Supporting the provision of a seamless co-ordinated multidisciplinary service through good communication
And any other tasks/duties as requested by the Practice Manager, the Partners or the Reception Lead.
This apprenticeship will be delivered solely in the work place over the duration of 12 months.
You will be required to attend one virtual lesson per month and will receive one-to-one support sessions once per month either in-person or virtually.
You will be studying towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard, this will include;
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service Practitioner
City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English
End Point Assesment
20% of your working hours will be off the job training.
Potential full time employment on completion of apprenticeship. Opportunities to progress onto an advanced level apprenticeship.
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Non judgemental, Patience
GCSE or equivalent English, Grade 4 Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths, Grade 4 Essential
THE TRINITY AND BOWTHORPE MEDICAL PRACTICE
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner (level 2)
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.